So Porter started the first grade!! I went into work late that day so I could take him on his first day. He was excited but not overly excited. I took him to his class and left him. I was totally doing fine until I turned around and saw him standing in line and then my eyes started to water. That was my baby boy going to school ALL DAY! I know, it sounds stupid but this was a big adjustment for me. Someone else was going to be teaching my child all day and what kind of influences is he going to be around? Anyway, as I tried to control my tears, all the other moms seemed to be quite happy and making plans for the day. Not me, I was holding it inside until I got to the car. Rowdy could tell immediately what was happening too and he started chuckling. I started to chuckle through my tears. This was crazy. I wasn't supposed to cry. After a few minutes I collected myself and I have been fine since.
I kept asking Porter if he liked school and he would say it was alright. One day I told him it was ok to like school. Since then he will say how much he likes it and he comes home everyday so happy. I am so proud of him and how well he is doing.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
My Awesome First Grader!
Posted by Reeve's at 9/02/2010 03:34:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh, you centimental mom! how cute... I though Kindergarden would have been the hard one! He is awesome and good looking. I love that boy!
Look at you all caught up on the blog! I was thinking about our boys playing on the front stoop. "Seems like just yesterday!" Cant believe they're in first grade :)
Post a Comment