Wow. I have really slacked off on the blogging lately. Here are a few things that have gone on in the last 2 weeks.
--Rowdy left to go to the Corrections Academy in Salt Lake. Purgatory is putting him through. It is a 10 week course and we have finished 2 already. I would like to say that it has gone by fast, but it really has made for some longer weeks. He is able to come home late Thursday night and stay until Sunday evening so that is nice. The kids miss him and every now and then Shandlee will ask where daddy is. Hopefully time will pick up a little quicker. Rowdy is kind of enjoying it, mostly the class work. He enjoys learning about the law stuff. However, he despises the Physical Training (PT). They do it for 1-2 hours everyday. Lots of running, sit-ups, squats and whatever else you can think of. They even did step aerobics as a "treat" on Thursday. Yeah, not really much of a treat. Already in 2 weeks I can see quite a difference in him, he has lost some weight. I am very proud of him for sticking it out. Rowdy, we love you and miss you!
--We went and fed the ducks and turtles at the Bloomington Hills golf course. The kids thought that was pretty fun and keep asking to do it again.

--Last week we had a family barbeque and got to see lots of family. (see Brenda's site for pictures and more info...I didn't take any pictures. Brenda, I need to get copies by the way. ) Greg and family came to town and went swimming. Of course that was the 2 days I had to work. Sure enough though, my first day off the weather got all crappy. If you ever wonder if I am working or not? Just check the weather. I work on the sunny days and off for the yucky days.
--Easter weekend has been fun. This week we painted eggs with the kids. Porter loves carrying them around, counting them and rearranging them. He always wants to play with the eggs. Shandlee thinks Santa brought her the Easter basket even though she did sit on the Easter bunnies lap at Wal-Mart. (Porter didn't want anything to do with the Easter bunny. Shan and Port are so opposite from each other, it is crazy sometimes.) We took the kids to hunt for candy at the city park. The rain didn't stop us at all. Today we went to Grandma and Grandpa Reeve's for the annual egg hunt. Grandma amazes me every year with all the candy and toys she buys. It is basically a mini Christmas. Have to admit it is pretty fun.





--Porter went to the dentist for the second time. The first time he went he was only 2 1/2 years old and was not a good experience. It took Rowdy, me, 2 nurses and the doc to hold him down to do the little work he needed. So I kept putting it off. Well, unfortunately I think he has the Winterton soft teeth. He has alot of cavities. We are going to have to go 3 separate times to have work done. The bill is not looking pretty, but hopefully his teeth will. I don't see anything wrong with Shandlee's teeth yet and I really hope it stays that way. I can't afford anything more. Porter did a very good job for the dentist. There was no crying for which I am very pleased. They asked him if he wanted to watch a cartoon. Now normally he would have been all over that 10 times over, but I think he was nervous and shy and repeatedly told them no. He did a really good job though and I hope he can be just as good for the next 3 times. Ugh...
--Oh yeah, last but not least. Made tons of strawberry freezer jam. Brenda and I got strawberries at a really good deal. I don't think we realized just how far they would go. Brenda was cutting strawberries for a couple of days and has a ton in the freezer. Oh well, it will last a long time and we will know better for next time right?
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Updates
Posted by Reeve's at 4/12/2009 09:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Proud of ya Rowd....once it is behind you, you will be a professional! keep up the good work! I know Brooke and kids miss you, but --it is an experience for them all huh? told Brooke I would help out any way I can. See you on the 21st kids!!!love Ya GMC.
Looks lik easter was fun!
I thought you were going to say: oh yeah, last but not least....I'm pregnant. We're about due for that, aren't we? oi.
Post a Comment