Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crazy Day....

It has been an interesting couple of days. Shandlee locked Porter and I out of the house. I was not more than 2 feet away sweeping when she walked in, turned around and SLAMMED the door shut. I just thought "oh crap, we are locked out." We have one of those stupid door knobs that you can open from the inside, but it is still locked from the outside. Anyway, she could have just barely shut the door, but no, she slammed it. I talked to her through the door kind of like this:
me: "Shandlee?"
S: "mommy?"
Me: "go get the stool and come stand on it and try open the door ok?"
S: "ok mommy" I don't hear anything for a minute so I am hoping she didn't get sidetracked. Then I hear her put the stool down.
Me:"ok stand on the stool and try turn the handle ok?"
S: "me doin it." I can hear the handle being wiggled.
This went on for a couple of tries. I was really hoping she might get it, but she didn't. Fortunately I had opened the windows to air out the place. So I went around the house, took off the screen and climbed through. It was way too easy which then made me a little nervous. I need to get something to block my windows from opening. Anyway, it all turned out ok and I didn't have to go to the managers to ask for the key. (I already hold the record for locking myself out, I didn't want them to know I did it again...actually Shan did it this time...;o)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

"me doin it". I love it. She sounds like a little smarty pants.
17 hrs till the cruise! Wahoo! I hope you guys have a blast. Yea for Vacay!

Unknown said...

We had those same stupid door knobs in California! I locked myself out of the apartment, with Kylie inside, when she was only 4 months old! Ya - from then on - hidden key outside! - this is Chelsea by-the-way. I always find myself logged in under John's name.

Anonymous said...

I can just hear Shan saying, me doin it....what a cutie...so helpful too...luv ya Shan GMC