I was at work and Rowdy took the kids to school. Everyday the kids jump out of the van and race to the school. This day Shandlee ran too fast and tripped and fell try king to catch herself with her hands in front if her.
Rowdy saw the whole thing from the van so he got out to go help. Shan was crying and saying she thinks she broke her arm. Rowdy kept telling her she was ok and to stop crying. He took her to the office to wash her up and the school nurse happened to be there. She helped wash off her bloody lip and nose. Her right arm started to swell and looked a little funny but they weren't sure if was broken. Talking with Shan and the nurse they decided Rowdy could leave and they would see how Shandlee did. Shan said she went to class and actually fell asleep. The teacher asked if feh needed to go back to the office so she did. Her arms weren't getting better so they called Rowdy. He went and picked her up and had to wake her up again.he took her to the Instacare and I met them there.
When I walked in Shan started crying again. She had been so brave. I could tell she hurt because she couldn't even go to the bathroom on her own. At the time we were only concerned about the right arm. I got looking at the other one snc if looked swollen to me also and she said it hurt but not as bad as the right. I asked if we could get that one x-rayed also. Sure enough two broken arms. The left one just "buckled" where the right one broke twice. They wrapped it up and said to follow up with our doctor. She looked so sad with two wrapped arms.
I was sure hoping for waterproof casts because it was the beginning of summer and you can't NOT get wet!!!








0 comments:
Post a Comment