So we went shooting on Memorial Day. We were all having a good time. Brenda tried out her new AR. Kids had a good time. We took out some Tannerite that the store sells and it was pretty cool when it actually worked. We were getting ready to leave but still had one Tannerite that we hadn't hit yet. Rowdy walked over to an angle that he could see it and took it out with only one shot. It was a sweet shot and he made me so proud. He is an awesome shooter. Anyway, he started walking back to us and I looked up the hill and saw a small fire had started. I yelled there was a fire but it didn't seem like anyone heard me so I yelled it again. Everyone just thought "oh crap." We grabbed what little water we had and tried to put it out but it was useless. It spread so fast. Porter tried his best to get it out and went down to the car to get his jacket. I guess he figured he could stamp it out with that? He got mad at me when I told him he couldn't go back up. He told me he just wanted to be a hero. Well there wasn't much we could do about it at this point. The wind picked up and was spreading it even more. We called 911 and told them. Brenda and I loaded up the kids in her car and left the men to wait for the firefighters. Then Brenda's car wouldn't start and we had to jump it. Long story short, the BLM got out there about 20 minutes later with 6 trucks. They were disappointed the fire wasn't bigger. We, on the other hand, are glad that it wasn't. We ended up burning between 2-4 acres. It made for a very exciting day. We went home and ate Cafe Rio to help us feel better. :o)





Monday, May 30, 2011
Our memorable Memorial Day
Posted by Reeve's at 5/30/2011 11:17:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aha good times(:
yes, good times, but really? You couldn't find a better picture of me? You could have stolen mine.... I look so awkward...
Post a Comment