


On the night of January 25 we made yet another trip to the Instacare. Just after dinner Porter thought he would try take the already open can lid off all the way. Somehow he cut his finger and turned around to tell us. As he turned we saw the blood splatter on the wall and floor. This was a deep cut and bleeding ALOT. Of course he freaked out seeing all the blood. I did my best at trying to keep pressure on it but it wasn't stopping. Fortunately Rowdy was home this night (normally he is at the Range) and he took us to the Instacare. He wasn't very happy about this. I had to keep looking at the finger to make sure it was still connected. Where he cut it made it look like the tip was going to come right off. When the doc gave him the numbing agent, he screamed like no other and Rowdy could hear him in the waiting room. Yes Lidocaine can sting and the shot was right in his finger so I'm sure it was not pleasant. He ended up getting 5 stitches in his left index finger. The before pictures don't give it justice. You can't see all the fatty tissue hanging out.
We (Brenda) took out the stitches for me on the 4th of February. From what I understand, that didn't go over so well either. Apparently Porter thought they were "going to kill me." He is so over dramatic. Sorry Brenda, but thanks for taking care of it for me.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Instacare here we come...again
Posted by Reeve's at 2/07/2011 09:39:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember you telling me that our Porters were a lot alike in the accident area. Unfortunately I think you take the gold because we seem to stay out of trouble a bit better lately. His finger looks tasty!
You are welcome Brooke... I have to laugh.. I have never heard a squeal quite so loud and high pitched... my left ear has never been the same, but I assure you... I was not trying to kill him. ;0)
Colby and I still chuckle over that. Anyone passing by might have called the DCFS....
Post a Comment