Saturday, June 12, 2010

Introducing Kate

So we decided to get the kids a dog. I know, you think I am crazy. Sometimes I think I was crazy for wanting to get them one. We went to the store and picked out some items. The kids didn't know why. We pulled up to the house and told them we were there to pick out a puppy. They were so excited. We let Porter pick out and name Kate. We thought he came up with the name on his own but a few days later we realized the neighbors dog was named Kate too. Oh well. We have now had her for a month and thankfully the "newness" has not run out. Every morning the first thing Porter does when he wakes up is go see how Kate is. The first thing Shandlee does (after her cereal of course) is get her boots on to go see Kate. They even still fight over who gets to feed and water her. The only thing Porter doesn't like is doing the Pooper Scooper, but he will still do it (because I may or may not threaten to get rid of her.) But seriously, there is nothing like seeing the pure joy and laughter from the kids while they play with her. It makes it worth it.THis was taken as soon as we brought Kate home. Porter had to "make her smile." So yes she is looking a little goofy. Silly kid.
Porter and Kate outside playing. I caught them sitting in a box together. Watching Porter with the dog is seeing pure joy on his face. He absolutely loves this dog.

1 comments:

GMC said...

ah, the joy of having pets....glad they help take care of her! been there done that, only I ended up feeding them! glad they both enjoy her!