Saturday, September 12, 2009

My FIrst Car Accident



On August 24th I was headed to Colorado City to meet mom and give her some meds that Jay had left at Brenda's. I was driving along listening to my music, kids asleep in the back. As I was coming into the town, I saw a boy on a 4 wheeler on the left side of the road. As I got closer I saw him turn right out in front of me. I swerved to miss him and as I was swerving right, I saw a little black car at the other side of the intersection. I couldn't miss them so I hit their back passenger end. I thought I had hit the 4 wheeler and turned around to see and check on the kids. I saw the boy booking it back up the dirt road. I was FURIOUS!! (and glad he was ok) Anyway, long story short, everyone was ok. The pictures don't make it look as bad as it was. But maybe it was just bad because it freaked me out. The people in the black car were tourists on their way to the Grand Canyon. If they hadn't of been there it wouldn't have been as big of a deal but what are the chances they are sitting there on this dirt farm road? The officer said I did a good job missing the boy and not t-boning the other car and that no one got hurt. I am grateful too, that no one was hurt. However, I am still upset that this boy that couldn't have been older than 10 was getting out on a highway where the speed limit is 50mph. He wasn't wearing a helmet, it is a highway and he is under age. But it is Hildale right? Rules don't apply there like they do for us. The boy did come back with his dad and talk to the cops. However I am still a little bitter about this whole situation but I have to thank my Heavenly Father for keeping us all safe. I know it was the Holy Ghost that told me to slow down to the speed limit because if I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to react the way I did and it could have been a whole different situation. I have much to be grateful for.

3 comments:

Haven said...

Wow. Did the kid's dad give him a lickin' to within an inch of his life?? ;) I'm glad you're safe!

Kids have blinders on, I swear.

Colby & Brenda said...

I am so glad that you were all okay too. What a scary thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were OK too, and that I was there to keep you company until Rowd got there...sorry honey...accidents are very un nerving...Love Ya Mom