Saturday, September 12, 2009

Las Vegas and San Fransisco

For our 10 year anniversary Rowdy wanted to do something spontaneous. For those of you who know me, I am not spontaneous. I like to have things planned. I'm not a good planner, but nonetheless, at least I would know where I was sleeping. Rowdy and I had watched the movie "YES MAN" and saw how they just went to the airport one day and found a flight in their price range and visited that town. Rowdy thought that would be pretty cool and I actually thought it would be fun too. Then I got thinking about showing up to some city I didn't know, not being able to find a hotel room and sleeping in the car or a rat infested room and said I couldn't do that. So we settled for making plans the night before we were to leave. We ended up going down to Las Vegas on the 24th of July and staying the night at the NEW YORK NEW YORK. We walked the strip and found our way to The Cheesecake Factory. This was our first time eating there and it was really good food. We didn't do any Vegas shows because we had to get up early to head to the airport. On Saturday the 25th we flew down to San Fransisco for the day. We only stayed the day so it was nice not having to check in luggage and finding a room down there. The flight was 1 1/2 hours and when we got off it was only 65 degrees! What the heck? We were in California and figured it would be nice and warm. We didn't do our research so we showed up in shorts and sandals. Now 65 is normally nice but not when you come from 110 and not expecting it. So needless to say, I was FREEZING!
We took the public train down to the pier and walked around. We were able to only see the bottom half of the Golden Gate bridge because of the fog. We saw Alcatraz (although no tour, if we had planned earlier we could have gotten tickets, hence another reason to plan. :O) ) It was a lot of fun seeing the street performers, seals, smelling the ocean and feeling the breeze. (We bought ourselves jackets and I was better after that. ) Then in the evening we headed back to the airport to go back to Vegas for another night.
Overall it was a really fun trip and something Rowdy and I will always remember. Happy 10 years Rowdy and thanks for the good times!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like all that Spontanaity was fun! good for you- Mom

Clarkson said...

Sounds really fun! Glad you guys had the chance to take a random trip. And Happy 10 years!