Thursday afternoon we were playing at Brenda's house. Porter was swinging and somehow flipped around and hit his face on the ground. He immediately started crying and the blood started dripping. Brenda took him to get him cleaned up. I didn't do quite as well because it opened up a whole flood of memories of 11 months ago. I'm glad Brenda was there to help out. It was not a huge cut, but none the less, I was reliving my nightmare. We weren't sure if he needed stitches so Brenda took him over to her neighbor that works in the ER. She suggested we get stitches. So Porter was crying and yes, I cried a little, but we made it to the Instacare where he got 4 stitches right above his left eyebrow where he had stitches before. He was a tough kid through it all. Thanks to Mary Jo for making such awesome LET GEL!! It worked wonders. I really hope this is the last of the stitches.
At least maybe next time they can be on a different part of the body instead of that sweet face...


Friday, November 21, 2008
2nd time in 11 months...
Posted by Reeve's at 11/21/2008 06:35:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
oh that's too bad. 2nd time in 11 months, wow! I haven't had to do that with my boys, Yet! But I know I would do the same thing you did. You looked like you had so much fun on your cruise. I admit I was a little jealous. I've never been on a cruise.
gosh, i feel bad he's always at my house when he seems to get hurt... he's a big tough boy. hope the milkshake helped!! we love you porter!
You know I come in to make that gel just in case Porter needs it. Glad I could be so helpful. JK! I'm glad it was just a few stitches and that things are o.k. now. See you on Monday for another let gel party.
Ouch poor little guy.. good thing he has a mom with a drug connection to keep him happy.
I Can't imagine how bad that felt. It's too bad you had to visit the ER again. So sorry :( get better soon Porter.
what a brave little guy...both his uncles had stitches (in the back of their heads) not fun...boys are very active---glad you are OK Porter...I love you GMC I like the headband -haha tuff little guy!
Brooke,maybe we should get him some bubble wrap for Christmas.....Mom
I feel your pain, we too know the instacare quite well we've been there twice this year also. (note blog). Maybe we should make our boys wear some kind if helmet that has a huge bill in the front.
Those pictures just made me laugh and cry at the same time. I love your little man. Dang it! I saw his wound sunday but didn't stop to investigate too much. Give him a hug for us!
Poor little guy. Looks like he is being tough though... he's a cutie!
Post a Comment