

Porter had his first official eye exam last week. When the preschool told us he did not pass the test at school, we knew we had to take him in, and we are just now getting it done. He has a little astigmatism in both eyes and only seeing about 20/40, maybe 20/30. So Dr. Miller suggested getting him glasses (for school and watching tv only) to sharpen the images. He said if we did it now it could help him to grow out of it later, otherwise we might have to deal with Lazy Eye later down the road. We figured we better do it now. I am glad he only has to wear them at school and not all the time. So soon you will be seeing some pictures of him in glasses. I was very impressed with how well Porter did at the doctors. I was expecting the worse because of past experiences. I don't know if it was because he watched me do the exam first, I bribed him with a snowcone, or he just matured alot since the last doctors visit. Probably a little bit of everything. You did awesome Porter!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Porter's first eye exam
Posted by Reeve's at 10/29/2008 05:02:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Porter, pretty brave sitting in that chair....wasn't so bad huh? sounds like both you and seth will be wearing glasses, like me...luv ya GMC
Post a Comment